Monday, January 17, 2011

Derwent Steampunk Manga

I is nay impressed. I just opened my Steampunk Manga set that I got today. Included in the box is a sketch book, brush, tin of 12 inktense pencils and a CD tutorial. Pencils are lovely and sketchbook is pretty but the CD is crap, tutorial my ass. It shows you how to draw three characters, three!

The three characters are a mechanic, an aristocrat and a lady. There is very little detail. I thought it was gonna be broken down for beginners like me but no, you're thrown in at the deep end. And the fact that its on a CD rather than a book is so offputting. Grr I'm sad. Hopefully the Monster Book of Manga will be a bit more appealing.

Will give it a shot anyways and let you know what happens.

Nicky X

2 comments:

  1. How did it go?? :) i'm intrigued!!! also what is this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its like pokemon people. ya know those japanese cartoons. still workin on it. will put up pics at the weekend. but thanks for my very first comment :)

    ReplyDelete